About Me

My photo
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
I'm just a young man tryin to find his way in these turbid waters that make up this life.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

Well, yesterday was my first real day working at Wal Mart. Boy am I tired! I spent the first three hours helping Assistant Manager Peter (whom I know from previous experience, he is a cool cat) load palates full of beauty products and medicine stuff. Then I took a 15 minute break (required) and then I pushed carts inside until my "lunch" two hours later. I went home for my hour long lunch. When I got back I pushed carts in until about 8:30. I just got off my break when a CSM (customer service manager) came and said that they needed my help in the receiving area. Then for the next hour I helped drag palates of stuff out too the floor. Then I pushed carts for the next half-hour until it was quittin' time! Here is my take on my fellow Wal Mart employees, one of the other assistant managers kept on shaking my hand, this would happan every time I saw him (is he gay or something? Maybe just overly friendly?), also the CSM I was refering to earlier kept on making sure that I was taking my breaks. So all in all it is a pretty good place to work. I just got a cavity filled in. my face is still numb! I am so hungry...

2 comments:

The Knight Family said...

Sounds like a blast. More fun than my job! I just get to listen to bratty kids for three hours.

(I know what you were thinking... no, they are not my bratty kids)

The Murray's said...

Wow James, sounds like you had a hard day! It'll get eaisier as time goes by. Just think about all the muscles you'll be building lifting all those boxes, and pushing in the carts.

Take a rest... Prop up your feet and ask Mom cook you a nice meal... I'm sure she'd love to.

Love you cutie, and I'm SO PROUD of you,
Cyppy

P.S.:) Watch out for the gay guy! LOL