About Me

My photo
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
I'm just a young man tryin to find his way in these turbid waters that make up this life.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Musician update

Recently, with my new found power of a credit card, I have bought some music off of iTunes. Of course this is way different from my normal way of getting things for free but what the hey, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to share with all ya'll what I be gettin.



Blind Pilot - A band based out of Oregon, very mellow and just overall cool. If you like The Shins, you'll like them.

Bell X1 - A band based out of Ireland, very smooth and soothing. If you like People In Planes, you'll like them.

Jack Penate - Actually, his name has a squiggly above the "n" but I don't know how to do that. He is English with some Spanish. His music is very upbeat and happy for the most part. I can't think of another band to compare him to.

Slint - This is a very indie band from the 90's that never got any publicity or radio airtime. However I think that they are great. They are very unique in the fact that they usually don't sing so much as speak, so basically they are a bunch of beatniks? Again no comparison.

Throw Me The Statue - Is a modern indie band based out of Seattle. Their sound is very unique yet kind of generic. If you are into any indie band in general, it is hard not to like them.

That is all that I have for now. Peace, love and hugs.

No comments: