About Me

My photo
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
I'm just a young man tryin to find his way in these turbid waters that make up this life.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Arctic Monkeys

Well, I have been listening to this British band called the "Arctic Monkeys". They are a couple of lads from Sheffield in England. Their music is pretty fast and up-beat for the most part; they do have a couple of slower songs, especially in their first US released album, "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not", which evidently according to Wikipedia, sold faster in the UK than Oasis' "Definitly Maybe" (I was probably too young to remember or to have purchased that album, the only Oasis album I have is "What's The Story Morning Glory?"). I do like them alot, with their cool brit accents and their music that just makes you want to move. I first heard them on NPR (what?) and their name just stuck with me the next time I was out looking for new music. Their newest album, "Favourite Worst Nightmare" came out last year and I got it a couple of months ago. I am impressed, they actually had a wide variaty of musical style. Not to say that I didn't like their first album (which I still like thankyouverymuch) its just that I like the new one more. If you haven't listened to them yet, you should. It will cheer you up considerably. Sayoonara!

2 comments:

The Knight Family said...

why dont you have a friends link on your sidebar like EVERY OTHER blogspotter does?

Aaron said...

You know it's because James doesn't have any friends.